What is the NutriBullet Balance System?
NutriBullet Just Got Smarter! The NutriBullet Balance communicates with your smart device to build the perfect recipe everytime. Using Bluetooth SMART 4.0 technology, the NutriBullet Balance has a Smart Nutrition Sensor™ that syncs up with the Balance App to send nutritional information in real time as ingredients are added to the cup! All nutritional information is automatically tracked and can be viewed instantly--carbs, protein, fat, sodium and more.
Why does it say NutriBullet Balance comes with a Virtual Nutritionist™?
The NutriBullet Balance Virtual Nutritionist™ technology allows you to do these 3 things:
- Choose your personal wellness track such as Weight Loss, Anti-inflammatory, Heart Health, etc.
- Choose your personal eating style such as Dairy-Free, Vegan, Kid Friendly, etc.
- And exclude any allergens and dislikes such as Nuts, Dairy, Strawberries, etc.
...so that you only get recipes suited to your personal goals and tastes!
Who develops the NutriBullet Balance Recipes?
An expert team of Registered Dietitians, Doctors of Nutrition and Flavor Profilers has 3 goals for every recipe:
- It must promote your wellness goal with precise efficacy.
- It must be of superior output quality making the perfect smoothie every time.
- It must taste great!
Why is NutriBullet Balance called a SMART product?
When appliances connect with Apps via Bluetooth, they are called connected or "SMART" products. (You may be reading this on your SMART phone!)
Why extract food?
Eating extracted food is great for EVERYONE in any state of health – from top performing athlete to someone suffering from chewing disorders – because extracted food is virtually pre-chewed, your body can effortlessly finish the digestion process and then absorb and utilize all of the nutrition that food has to offer. Even when we eat the healthiest foods, like a salad with kale and almonds for example, it’s a lot of work for the body to break down fibrous kale and hard almonds. When these hard-to-digest foods are extracted with the NutriBullet, they are presented to the stomach in such tiny, broken down sizes, that they are more easily digested and absorbed, so we get all the available nutrition. Blast on!
What is NutriBlast?
NutriBlasts are delicious, nutrient-extracted beverages made with the NutriBullet. Simply add your favorite fruits, vegetables and boosts (nuts, seeds, herbs) to the NutriBullet, along with some water, and extract the ingredients into smooth, tasty drink. And the best part is a NutriBlast takes only seconds to prepare, seconds to clean and couldn’t be easier to take on-the-go.
Is the NutriBullet Balance available in stores?
You can find the NutriBullet Balance in Kohls, Bed Bath Beyond and Amazon. This incredible TV offer with FREE bonuses and FREE shipping and processing is not available anywhere else.* (AK, HI, PR and Canadian residents subject to $14.99 shipping surcharge).
Does the NutriBullet Balance only make NutriBlasts?
Along with NutriBlasts, the NutriBullet Balance also makes delicious nutrient-extracted soups, dressings, desserts, all-natural ice creams, dips and more. The NutriBullet Balance app is full of delicious, healthy recipes you and your family will enjoy.
Is it OK to put the NutriBullet Balance in the dishwasher?
Yes, all of the NutriBullet Balance cups and lids are top rack dishwasher safe. The only things that cannot go in the dishwasher are the NutriBullet Balance motor base, Smart Nutrition Sensor and blades.
What is the NutriBullet Balance made of?
All of the NutriBullet Balance cups are made out of non-toxic high-impact plastic. Unlike glass, they do not shatter when dropped. They do not contain any BPA (Bisphenol A) or Phthalates.
What is the type of plug and voltage of the NutriBullet Balance?
Our US/Canadian spec unit has a very effective 120 Volt / 60 Hz / 1200 Watt motor and a 2 flat pin polarized plug. Use of adapters and/or converters in countries other than USA and Canada may result in damage to the power base and is considered an unauthorized modification in the Exclusions and Limitations section under paragraph 6e of the warranty.
Is the NutriBullet Balance microwave safe?
The NutriBullet Balance is not intended for use in the microwave. Do not place the NutriBullet Balance cups, power base, Smart Nutrition Sensor or accessories in the microwave as this may result in damage to the appliance.
Where can I view a full copy of the NutriBullet Balance user manual or the Quick Start Guide?
You can view a full copy of the NutriBullet Balance User Manual here.
How were the Wellness Goals developed?
NutriBullet's team of registered dietitians, culinary health expert and our PhD nutritionist worked together to formulate the Wellness Goals based on sound science from a plethora of published research, U.S. dietary guidelines and the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations. Love for healthy food and science merged to make your experience healthy, happy and effective!
Are these Wellness Goals guaranteed?
No. We cannot guarantee since we do not know what you eat for the rest of the day—how you eat and move about makes a difference. However, these Wellness Goals target the most common health conditions people are concerned about, like weight-loss, diabetic-friendly, heart health, immunity, detox, inflammation and sports performance. While the Wellness Goals are designed to be healthy for anyone, always consult with your health professional prior to starting any new diet or Wellness Goal.
I know someone who followed one of your Wellness Goals and had tremendous success. Should I expect the same results?
Maybe! We are all unique. The Wellness Goals have been developed to try to help you reach your goal as best as possible.
What was the thinking behind each Wellness Goal?
- Weight loss friendly – Based on lower calories, low sugar, high protein and fiber and low carbs (30% of calories coming from carbs).
- Anti-inflammatory – Includes foods known to support less inflammatory response while avoiding foods that have known to be pro-inflammatory.
- Energy boosting – Higher in healthy calories and carbs that support energy and may include ingredients known to give you an extra boost but avoid sugar crashes.
- Sport performance – These folks can afford to have calories, so we balanced nutrients with high protein, often adding extra perks like glutamine, collagen (healthy joints) and MCT oil.
- Heart healthy – These recipes are low sugar, high fiber, low sodium and added ingredients known to be heart healthy.
- Diabetic friendly – Includes ingredients with low sugar, high fiber to slow digestion and absorption of carbohydrates, and we included foods low in glycemic index. Also healthy carbohydrates, protein, fiber and low simple carbohydrates-sugar. Good for everyone!
- Detox/cleansing - These recipes reduce calorie load on the GI track to allow the liver to do its detoxification; we included foods that naturally support healthy liver function.
- Gut health – It's all about fiber—prebiotics in particular. The foods included support a proper healthy GI tract while creating a great environment for the good gut microbiome (friendly bacteria).
- Immune health – These foods and nutrients support a healthy immune system. Contains at least 50% of your daily requirement of vitamin C or A by adding a variety of delicious fruits and vegetables.
- FODMAP – Originally used for patients with undiagnosed gut discomfort, FODMAP eliminates or minimizes foods that are Fermentable, Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides, Polyols (or FODMAP). Each item in FODMAP is related to a type of sugar that has shown to cause GI (gastrointestinal) distress. As any Elimination diet, use only for a short period of time and always consult your physician.
Eating Style and Dietary Preferences
How were the Eating Style and Dietary Preferences developed?
Much like our Wellness Goals, the Eating Styles and Dietary Preferences were defined by evidence-based findings, including clinical definitions and including best clinical practices to maximize efficacy.
What is an Eating Style and Dietary Preferences?
These cater to people's individual food choices, such as gluten-free, vegetarian or paleo type diets.
What is the difference between low carb and low sugar?
- Low carb calculates all forms of carbohydrates—complex (starch) and simple sugars. We defined a 'low CHO' meal as one that provides less than 30% of calories from carbohydrates (typical American diets provide at least 60% of daily calories from carbohydrates).
- Low-sugar is less than 16 g/smoothie. Our recipes focus on high fiber, nutrient-dense food choices. And since our recipes are composed of whole food ingredients, any sugar comes from fruits, vegetables, and additional smoothie ingredients. Unless the recipe includes high sugar ingredients like honey or agave, there is no added sugar in our recipes.
Is low-calorie the same as weight-loss?
Not always. Our weight-loss recipes are not just low-calorie recipes (we do not go over 425 kcal). Our recipes balance protein and healthy fats in addition to low-sugar and high fiber to keep you full and satisfied, yet provide adequate calories to keep you going and not feeling hungry. Enough to keep you happy until your next meal. We want you to eat healthy while following YOUR weight-loss diet plan. We just did the thinking and calculating for you!
Is selecting high fat and high protein the same as selecting Paleo?
No. High fat and high protein meets the needs for fat and protein level threshold, respectively. Our selection of high fat foods are often high in unsaturated fats and low in saturated fats. We aim to select a variety of healthy fats. Our high protein ingredients include many plant-based proteins that are low in saturated fats while effective in keeping you full. While Paleo diet includes foods that are high in fat and protein, it also includes fresh fruit and vegetables. Paleo diet does not include foods like grains, legumes, potatoes, dairy products, processed sugars, refined oils and salt.
How were the Dietary Restrictions developed?
We included common, day-to-day restrictions like food allergies and intolerances. We also added a few other restrictions like low-calorie, high-fat and high-protein. When you select any of these restrictions, you won't be shown those recipes. Pretty cool, huh?